ORO AGRI, part of the OMNIA Group is looking for new candidates – Please find bellow list of careers and job opennings available.
Interested? For consideration, please submit your application C.V. in English to EUemployment@oroagri.com
ORO AGRI B.V. is looking for an experienced candidate for Groningen office:
Candidate will have direct responsibility for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions, prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close on newly implemented Microsoft Dynamics D365 software. Candidate will report to Finance Manager based in Portugal and assist in the preparation of financial statements. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Initially accountant will also perform book keeping duties Ie. accounts payable, invoicing until such time that an assistant is deemed necessary at which time the role becomes a supervisory accounting role. Strong knowledge of Dutch tax laws, European regulatory and Intellectual property preferred. English speaking candidates only please.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General accounting function includes inter-company and international accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management.
- At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and FRx or similar programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent English verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report in-force premium, direct written premium and loss fund balance, retro accrual, cash, cash applied to A/R, bad debt allowance and non-admitted A/R on a monthly basis as well as for any GAAP vs. STAT differences.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
Audits & Examinations:
- Assist with annual external audit and DOI examination. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
- Monitor positive pay exceptions.
- Bank liaison.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification
- 5 – 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent ENGLISH communication and leadership skills are mandatory
- An international and dynamic work environment;
- A competitive salary;
- Contract term of initially 1 year.
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- Advise on tax planning and tax issues associated with grants, innovation box, financial incentives etc.
- Manage financial systems and budgets.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamix 365/AX is essential.
- Prepare financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Prepare monthly financial management reports, including cash flow forecasting
- Comfortable negotiating bank financing if required.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers and manage customers.
- Prepare VAT returns for the Netherlands and Spain.
- Good knowledge of factory/cost accounting would be a benefit.
- Co-ordinate Audits (internal and external)
- Fluent in English
- Good Computer skills (excel, word etc. as well as Dynamics 365 ERP)
ORO AGRI Europe is looking for new people for Business Development & Technical Support positions in all countries in our region.
ORO AGRI, part of the OMNIA Group of companies, develops, manufactures and distributes agricultural “soft chemistry” products which fall under the organic, sustainable or environmentally friendly categories and are distributed internationally to more than 80 countries.
ORO AGRI labels include PREV-AM – an ORANGE OIL active based BIOPESTICIDE comprising Insecticide, fungicide and miticide all-in-one; TRANSFORMER – Soil conditioner; WETCIT – Adjuvant; and FERTICOAT, ORO-MATE 26 and OROBAC-P biostimulants.
Business development and technical support position
1. Scope of position offered.
Candidate will provide technical assistance, market and product development support to existing and new customers. Position will involve product development, training of distributor sales team and promoting ORO AGRI products to distributors, growers, consultants, universities and facilitate growth in the region.
2. Candidate requirements
- English speaking
- Agricultural degree and field experience, especially in grapevines.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation
- Strong computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Understanding customer needs and importance of distinctive value proposition
- Interpretation of field trial data and use for product advice and technical support
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of both plant protection and bio-stimulants
- Local regulatory knowledge a bonus
3. Marketing & Sales Responsibilities
- Promotion of ORO AGRI products to current customer sales team and
- Training of users regarding the use of ORO products
- Develop market with new distribution for biostimulant range
- Assist local customer sales teams in marketing efforts Ie. Tradeshows, grower meetings
- Keep ORO and local customer informed regarding competitors’ activities
- Establish and/or update marketing information in local language as
- Sales and marketing support for new
4. Technical support
- Assist with monitoring of field trials
- Liaising with ORO AGRI and local customer salespeople, local growers, associations etc. to manage assignments and
- Assessing the effects of agrochemicals and other agricultural inputs to the identified
- Sample analysis and data
- Sample collection for internal
- Assist with translations where
- Provide technical support with regards to sales training and promotion
- Market surveys as
- Support Regulatory Affairs as needed.
- Co-ordinate and manage all technical aspects of product development
- Follow up and address any technical Q & A of ORO AGRI products with customers/distributors.
5. Critical knowledge and experience
- IPM and BIOPESTICIDE programs
- BIOSTIMULANT knowledge
- Understanding of the role/value of technical information in a commercial environment
- In-depth crop & product knowledge
- Relationships with key national
6. Miscellaneous Requirements
- Multiple languages and strong computer skills required
Oro Agri offers competitive salaries based on experience plus car, computer, cell phone, etc.
ORO AGRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or another legally protected status.